Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Settling in

So I arrived yesterday at around 1:00pm and got everything moved into my room pretty quickly. Zach was here and had already gotten everything in the room. So after I got everything in the room I went out to eat lunch with Dad, the Barkers and Nate (who is another runner). We went to Ruby Tuesdays and I just got some chicken fingers. Then me and dad went to wal-mart to get a computer case, it started raining and that was unpleasant. Then we went back to my dorm and dad said goodbye and me and Zach cleaned up our room some more. We then went to a complience meeting at 3:30pm where we got a boat load of paper work and some other things we have to do for cross country. The meeting was in the new Track facility which is very nice.

When we finished all of that stuff we went for a run pretty late and explored the campus a bit. We ran for 70 minutes and by that time it was dark. I got some pizza from wal-mart and had dinner at about 10pm. Zach and I were both pretty wiped out but we finally got to sleep after finishing up some more paper work.

I met a couple of the other guys on the team today, Josh MaCdonald from California and Josh Morris from VA. and then we have a new French guy on the team, and a couple of the girls were at the meeting.

This morning I woke up at around 8am and then went down the Card Center to get my Flames ID Card which was good. It is really starting to get busy here with all the people coming in today. Then after that me and Zach went to the bookstore and got a couple things. We went for a run around noon today and it was really killer, we only ran about 48 minutes because it is so hot down here and we just didn't feel great. We then went down the the rot and got some food for lunch and now are just waiting for 3:30 when we have to go get our pictures taken for the XC website so that should be fun. So be looking for my picture to come up with my profile on the liberty website.

Well thats all thats been going on, its quite busy and I am quite tired but all is going well

Jarred

2 comments: