Saturday, November 6, 2010

UVA



Well this was after our race, we were all quite tired and we were just looking at the clouds trying to find animal shapes and such, (left to right, Zach, me, Will, Isaac)




We all got really excited when we saw a dinosaur in the sky!!



This is all the team who went yesterday, there were 6 girls and four of us guys, this was all of us after the race.



Coach, Isaac and me getting ready before the race.



This is the view from our bus, we were at a farm.



Will was very excited for the race.



This was the prank we pulled on Drew Edwards' car when we got back, it took us a few minutes to do it, but it was priceless.

The race didn't go that well, it was okay but time wise it didn't turn out like I wanted. It felt strange just because there was barely any of the team there and also because there were not that many guys in the race. We went out in the first mile at 5:13 which felt pretty slow, then we went through 2 miles at 10:40, and the 3 mile split was 16:15. It was a pretty challenging course, a lot of ups and downs, it was extremely rolling with a pretty tough long hill right after the 4k mark. I didn't feel very good the last 3k, I couldn't stay with Isaac and Zach passed me at about 6k. I kept Zach within 5 seconds but couldn't bring him back. My legs just felt very heavy and tight. So the race itself wasn't great, but my main goal was the Glorify God with my race no matter the result and that is what I was doing. I have a 1500m time trial on Tuesday which should be interesting, and then I am taking a little time off. My body is just pretty achy today, I did a 5 mile run this morning. Just relaxing the rest of the day.

This season has been a good transition season, although I didn't come out with any crazy results I still have been growing a lot and becoming more experienced. The 8k distance is pretty tough to adapt to but I am getting there. This season has made me very excited for next year, I know I have to step it up a lot in order for us to repeat as Conference Champions and that is what I want to do. I know that I will have to run a lot more miles next summer and I am ready and willing to do whatever I can to get faster.

For Indoor Track, I've talked to Coach a little bit, I know my first race will be January 21-22, I will be racing a 4x800m at Virgina Tech with Isaac, Sam and Jordan/Drew. I am very excited and hoping to have a great season.

Jarred

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics! It's not an easy task to discern how God is orchestrating our growth (whether it's running or otherwise). Perhaps all of what you've experienced this xcountry season is part of His weaving for your future growth... we don't know really, but we can fully trust in Him -for He is completely faithful... always. So, we walk forward, seeking to follow Him as best as we can...trusting what happens on the way because we trust Him.

    It is a joy hearing how God is in your midst as you walk through this time of your life.

    ReplyDelete