Saturday, September 18, 2010

Coastal Carolina Invite/Myrtle Beach

So my weekend was pretty busy and I posted quite a few pictures on here so there is just a description of what was going on throughout the week, it was really fun.




On Saturday morning I woke up at 6:45am and went down to the beach to read my bible and do devotions. I read a few chapters of Acts and then read Psalm 113 which has a verse that says something like, "Praise God when the sun rises and when the sun sets". I got to do that with the sunrise.


A little after 7am now, here is me on the beach, it was a nice temperature out and very relaxing. Just nice to read and listen to the waves and watch the sunrise.



This is the sun at about 8am, just before I went back up to my room. I was out on the beach from 7am-8am and then I went up to my room and went on a run with Mark, Coach Scott, Sam, Evans, and Will. We did a little over 10 miles which was pretty good. We ran on some nice soft trails which was good.


This was right at 7am when the sun was just starting to come up in the sky. When I got there it hadn't appeared but it did right when I sat down. It looked really cool, and I just watched it come up for an hour.

These are some nice palm trees right by our hotel and the beach, there are tons of palm trees down here, I really want some.


This is the condo that we stayed in. Each condo had three bedrooms like this which was really nice. Zach and I were in this room which had a balcony where we could go onto and see the ocean.


This is the nice kitchen that we had as well, these rooms were huge.



This is the view from out our door, you can see the pool and also a lazy pool. Joshypants, Zach, and I went to the hotel next door and went on a lazy pool and hot tub which was pretty fun.

Here is a group of us working on a sandcastle on the beach, we were out here for a few hours just riding waves and hanging out on the beach.



Here is us just lounging around, there is Will, Sam, and Katie.



So we were up on the 11th floor which was pretty high. You can see how big this hotel was, and it was right next to the beach so we are definately spoiled.



This is our hotel from the beach, you can see that we were literally right next to the beach.



Here is the golf course that we ran at for our race on Friday. It was nice, really expensive houses everywhere with palm trees.



This was my number and uniform for the race.



This picture was on the Coastal Carolina website, as you can see I am about half in it.


So for a brief recap, we left on Friday morning and it is about a 6 hour drive. We took two different buses on the way down, the guys were in one bus and the girls in the other. I sat next to Sam on the trip down. We went straight to the golf course for the meet. In the meet I ran a 20:05 I think for 6k which was okay. I didn't have an amazing race but it wasn't a bad race, I placed 11th and our team won by a lot. Afterwards we soaked Coach Scott with ice cold water to celebrate his first victory. We went out to eat after this and Zach, David, Mark, Isaac, Spencer and I went to walmart to get food. After getting food we sat out on the curb and just watched people going in and out of walmart. We saw some people yelling at each other and almost getting into a fight, we saw a guy on a bike dragging a wagon behind him with an old lady in it, and some other people thought we were in a fraternity so it was pretty interesting. We went to the hotel after this and walked on the beach for awhile before going back to the hotel. We just chilled after that and went to bed.
Saturday morning I woke up at 6:45am and did devotions on the beach, then went for a 10 mile run. Then we went to Denny's for breakfast and then went back to the hotel and we all went to the beach. We were out on the beach for a few hours, we were in the water for awhile riding waves and mostly we just hung out. Joshypants, Zach, and I crashed the hotel next to ours and went in their hot tub and lazy pool. We ended up leaving at around 4pm. We traveled for a little bit and then stopped for dinner. On the way back our buses were not segregated by gender, so there were some girls on our bus. We played mofia for about 2 hours and it was very intense and fun. Then we finally arrived back at Liberty at around 11:45pm.
I am tired,
Goodnight
Jarred

7 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a lot of fun!

    Dem...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome...especially the sunrise on the beach!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that Captain Hook attire on that bed???

    Love the pictures. We all wish we could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Write a new post for goodness sakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you need to update!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So have you met Sam Chelanga yet??

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha Mattea Sam is one of my good friends

    ReplyDelete