Thursday, January 27, 2011

Virginia Tech - Hokie Invitational


I ran in my first Collegiate Track meet on January 21-22 at Virginia Tech. On Friday the 21st I ran in the 1 mile race as a rabbit for Sam Chelanga. I wasn't quite sure how I would do with pacing just because I wasn't able to get on the track at all before the race and I haven't run a track race in so long. But nonetheless the race went really well, and I took Sam through the 800m in 1:59.5 and he went on to run 4:03.8 which ranks him #4 in the country right now which is pretty sweet. It was a really great experience and really fun, the race went by so quickly and was over before I knew it. Above is a picture of the track which was really nice, it had a slight bank.

This is just a picture of Coach Scott and other distance runners draining lactic acid out of their legs



On Saturday the 23rd I ran in the 1000m which also went really well. I ran 2:30.07 as seen in the picture and I won by heat by over 4 seconds. The time was a 3 second PR for me and ranks me #6 all time for Liberty but I missed the IC4A qualifying mark by .12 seconds but it was still a good day and I look forward to my next race.

2 comments:

  1. yeah you updated! GO TEAM LIBERTY!

    dem....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fav is the picture with everyone with legs up.

    Good job. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete